15.6.11

Night and Day




If I could manage to conduct a normal life on a nocturnal sleep cycle, I would.  However, since I'm pretty sure many people would disagree with me, I have created a pros and cons list of daytime activities, for your viewing pleasure (if you do agree that night is better, use these lists to further our cause to all the haters):

DAY
    
    Pros:
  • Picnics
  • Thievery is difficult (applies to Owners of Things)
  • Adequate vision 
  • Business can be conducted during these hours (unless you are a drug dealer)
  • Tanning, warmth
  • Flowers bloom
   Cons:
  • Thievery is difficult (applies to robbers)
  • Alarm clocks
  • Work (does not apply to night watchmen)
  • Chores (could apply to night watchmen)
  • That hour in late afternoon, approximately 4:30-5:30, when pulling on socks becomes the worst thing in the world
  • Sleeping during this time places people under the category of old person, invalid, bum, and/or infant.
  • Sunburn, sweat, risk of skin cancer
  • Lack of romantic mood lighting on outdoorsy dates
  • Crowded sidewalks
  • Being active during the day is so mainstream (applies to hipsters)
  • Traffic
  • No raccoons 
  • No owls
  • No nocturnal animals at all, including but not limited to bats
  • Glow-in-the-dark chalk is pointless

I could go on, but I believe I've made my point.  Good night to you.



Image via Francesco Bonomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment