If I could manage to conduct a normal life on a nocturnal sleep cycle, I would. However, since I'm pretty sure many people would disagree with me, I have created a pros and cons list of daytime activities, for your viewing pleasure (if you do agree that night is better, use these lists to further our cause to all the haters):
- Thievery is difficult (applies to Owners of Things)
- Adequate vision
- Business can be conducted during these hours (unless you are a drug dealer)
- Tanning, warmth
- Flowers bloom
- Thievery is difficult (applies to robbers)
- Alarm clocks
- Work (does not apply to night watchmen)
- Chores (could apply to night watchmen)
- That hour in late afternoon, approximately 4:30-5:30, when pulling on socks becomes the worst thing in the world
- Sleeping during this time places people under the category of old person, invalid, bum, and/or infant.
- Sunburn, sweat, risk of skin cancer
- Lack of romantic mood lighting on outdoorsy dates
- Crowded sidewalks
- Being active during the day is so mainstream (applies to hipsters)
- No raccoons
- No owls
- No nocturnal animals at all, including but not limited to bats
- Glow-in-the-dark chalk is pointless
I could go on, but I believe I've made my point. Good night to you.
Image via Francesco Bonomi.