13.3.12

A pahty? Oh, luffly!

I take St. Patrick's Day very seriously.  Maybe a little too seriously, for someone who's only half Irish.  On the other hand, that dedication is probably the reason why I've never had a bad St. Patrick's Day.  Birthdays, Christmases, Arbor Days (don't get me started on Fourths of July [HOW do you properly pluralize that?!]) - they've always fallen just the tiniest bit short of the hype, but St. Patrick's Day has never let me down.

This year, though, I don't have any plans yet, aside from very fuzzy images of empty whiskey bottles and a tottering Tracy holding shamrocks over my head like mistletoe so cute redheads will be bamboozled into kissing me.  (Androgynous-looking straight women: I apologize in advance.)  But whatever I end up doing, I want to be wearing a little somethin' like this:

With or without the young laddie

with this hair


and these shoes:



ALTHOUGH THIS WILL MORE THAN SUFFICE IN CASE THINGS GET A LITTLE CRAZY AND A MID-PARTY COSTUME CHANGE BECOMES NECESSARY:  

And I shall be the grandest lady in all the land.




No comments:

Post a Comment