6.9.11

Oh, Martha!

So, errbody seems pretty pumped about the new Martha Stewart Weddings issue.  I read it on the plane coming back from Pennsylvania, and to be honest, I wasn't terribly impressed.  In fact, I would go so far as to say I actually didn't like it.

...Please don't stone me.

But I mean, really, Martha.  C'man.  Page after page of insubstantial, blurby interviews with dress designers?  That feature was spread like a model on a catwalk: toooo thin.  And this assault of the neon jewel motif?  Like a college highlighter party had a baby with Pollyanna.



And don't even get me started on that English wedding that's making everyone swoon.  HAVE YOU SEEN THE FLOWER GIRL DRESSES?!

There are no words snarky enough to express my disgust.

I could tell you exactly what I think about that wedding dress, but I'm trying to forget I ever saw it.  Ginger Rogers is rolling over in her grave.

The cover, however, was lovely.

Oh, Martha.  I had such high hopes.

Images via Martha Stewart's kr3w.

No comments:

Post a Comment