17.1.11

The Writer's Lament: Part 1

The great thing about going to a small, liberal arts school with an intensive senior thesis is that people like me, who have next to no motivation at all, are forced to spend a year devoting a significant amount of work to a project that will, presumably, be totally worth all the pain and stress when it's all done.

The bad thing about going to a small, liberal arts school with an intensive senior thesis is that I have next to no motivation at all.

This is how I feel all day long.

Today is the 17th of January.  The project is due March 28 at 5 pm.  Right now I have 120 out of possibly 150 pages written, not including a critical analysis section for which I still need to do some serious research.  I should have written much more than I did over the break, but instead I was doing things like working on my British accent and seeing how much fudge I could eat in a minute.  And now I am paying the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment